The Cyprus Interaction Lab is affiliated with a number of organizations and networks linked to the HCI and Educational Technology communities.
- Andri Ioannou, Assistant Professor, Lab Director
- Research Interests: computer-supported collaborative learning environments, use of technology to support student collaboration, decision making, and knowledge creation in both distant and collocated settings, integration of technology in all levels of education, and use of technology for social change.
- Email: andri-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Website: http://andriioannou.weebly.com/
Post Doctoral Researchers
- Yiannis Georgiou
- Research Interests: Immersive technologies for inquiry learning, Technology-enhanced learning environments, Participatory design with teachers and students, Teachers’ professional development
- Email: yiannis-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Leantros Kyriakoullis
- Research Interests: Cultural values in Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Email: leantros-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Theodoros Sourmelis
- Research Interests: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs) in formal and informal learning, Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) games in the curriculum, Digital Game-Based Learning (DGBL)
- Email: sourmelis-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Panagiotis Kosmas
- Research Interests: Language teaching methodologies, modern methodological approaches to teaching, the human computer – interaction, online communities of learning, the Professional Development through virtual environments and lifelong learning.
- Email: pk.kosmas-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Vaso Constantinou
- Research Interests: integration of technology in education and training including sports/physical education, use of technology for social change, media/ICT support for social inclusion particularly effective inclusion of people with hearing impairment or deafness.
- Email: vaso-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Marianna Ioannou
- Research Interests: Emerging interactive learning environments for primary students, embodied learning, STEM education, problem-solving, knowledge construction.
- Email: marianna.ioannou-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Stella Timotheou
- Research Interests: Design and evaluation of robotic-enhanced learning environments, use of educational robotics to support collaboration and knowledge creation in STEM education, use of robotics to support interdisciplinarity in STEM education, classroom orchestration in robotic enhanced lessons.
- Email: stella.timotheou-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Chrysanthos Socratous
- Research Interests:Design and evaluation of robotics curriculum for primary school students based on the constructivist and constructionist theoretical model, use of educational robotics to support student collaboration, problem-solving skills, and knowledge construction, integration of robotics as a mindtool to support the teaching of curriculum area subjects as mathematics and science in k-12 education.
- Aekaterini Mavri
- Research Interests: Transfer of learning between education and workplace, Workforce education, Technology enhanced learning, Active learning, User centred design, User interface design, development and evaluation.
- Email: keti-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Thomas Photiadis, PhD
- Research Interests: Product and Systems Design, Human Computer Interaction, 3D environments & Avatars, Aesthetics, User Experience, Typography, Graphics, Eye tracking
- Email: thomas-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com
- Chrystalla Antoniou, PhD
- Research Interests: Education for Sustainability, Cultural Sustainability, Outdoor Education, Museum Education, Environmental Education, Place-based Education, Experiential Learning, Technology-mediated Social Change.
- Email: chg.antoniou-AT-edu.cut.ac.cy
- Efi Nisiforou, Lecturer, University of Nicosia
- Research Interests: Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Educational Neuroscience, Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL), Personalized Learning Environments (PLE), User Experience, Cognitive Abilities, Creativity, Multi-metric methods (Psychometric, Biometric ǀ Eye-tracking, Neurometric ǀ EEG)
- Website: http://nisiforouefi.wixsite.com/enisiforou
- Maria Matsangidou
- Research Interests: Human Computer Interaction (HCI); Cyber-Psychology; Health Technology; Health Communication; Social Computing
- Alexandros Yeratziotis, PhD
- Research Interests: User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Usability Inspection Methods (UIMs)
- Anna Magidou
- Research Interests: Human Computer Interaction, Interface Design, Interactive Floor, Embodied Learning Technology, Interactive Multimedia
- Email: amagidou-AT-gmail.com
- Georgia Zika
- Research Interests: Tabletops technology, Gamification, Gamified learning, Bullying, Collaboration, Technology enhanced learning
- Panayiotis Hadjicostis
- Research Interests: Digital Media and Journalism, New Media and Society, Culture of Cyberspace, Information Society, Social Media and Minorities
- Eirini Christou
- Research Interests: Technology and communication, Social representations, Refugees and Immigrants
- Thrasos Tilemachou
- Research Interests: Political Communication, Political Marketing, Critical (New Media) analysis, Post-Marxist Theory, European Politics
- Froso Nikolaou
- Research Interests: Sociology/Social psychology/Human rights/Equality in genders, Active youth and Volunteering, Human Resources/Personal Development, Culture, 5.Social media/Community media
- Fernando Loizides, Lecturer, Cardiff University
- Research Interests: Digital Libraries, Information Seeking, Human Computer Interaction, Brain-Computer Interfaces and Database Systems; Software developer, User experience
- Email: Loizidesf-AT-cardiff.ac.uk
- Website: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/fernando-loizides-2936513a
- Yevgeniya Sulema, Associate Professor, National Technical University of Ukraine
- Research Interests: Mulsemedia; Immersive Technologies; Multimedia Data Security (Image Steganography); Image Processing; Signal processing; Multimedia Data Classification, Recognition, and Retrieval; Image Compression.
- Website: https://kpi.academia.edu/YevgeniyaSulema/CurriculumVitae
- Carmelo Ardito, Associate Professor, University of Bari Aldo Moro
- Research Interests: Human-Computer Interaction, particularly Mashup of services and smart objects, Serious games, End-User Development, Usability Engineering and UX Practices in industry and public organizations.
- Website: http://ivu.di.uniba.it/people/ardito.htm