The Cyprus Interaction Lab (CIL) of the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts of the Cyprus University of Technology is an interdisciplinary research lab dealing with topics in human computer interaction and educational technology. The lab is the first of its kind in Cyprus; even though it is relatively new, it already stands out with high-quality research and facilities. We design with people and the community in mind. We aim to understand the significant supportive and mediating role of technology in promoting learning, communication and collaboration, and social change and inclusion in varied circumstances and contexts. The lab aims to become a center of excellence in HCI and Educational Technology research.
CIL aims to:
- Understand, through research, the significant supportive and mediating role of technology in promoting learning, communication, collaboration, and social change, in varied real-world contexts and settings.
- Produce and disseminate Educational Technology and HCI research with real-world impact.
CIL research aims towards theoretical and practical frameworks in three thematic areas:
- Embodied Play for Learning using Technology
- Affordable, Digital, Collaborative Spaces
- Emerging Technology, Inclusive Design and Social Change
CIL research typically spans across the above-mentioned thematic areas, whilst it draws on:
- Constructivist and Constructionism pedagogy
- Co-design with educators and stakeholders
- Human-centered design
- Authentic learning environments and real-world settings
CIL instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in research areas of global importance.
CIL offers the MA Interaction Design http://idmaster.eu/ and organizes the HCII Affiliated Conference on Learning and Collaboration Technologies http://2017.hci.international/.
The lab issues an annual newsletter. Below you can find our past issues:
2016 Cyprus Interaction Lab Annual Review-Newsletter
2015 Cyprus Interaction Lab Annual Review-Newsletter