The CIL internship program allows undergraduate and graduate students as well as recent graduates to gain valuable experience by getting involved with ongoing research activities of the Lab. Also, interns at CIL will actively participate in the organization of CIL events and workshops.
CIL internships last for a period of 2-6 months and are completed under the supervision of a Lab member.
CIL internships are unpaid internships.
International applicants are encouraged to apply for external funding (e.g., Erasmus Student Mobility for Placements program that enables higher education students to spend 3 months in an organization in another participating country).
Applicants can apply for part time or full time internships during:
- Spring (mid Jan-mid May)
- Summer (June and July)
- Fall (mid Sept – Mid Dec)
Benefits – the Intern will:
- Gain hands-on experience with research projects as a member of the research team at CIL.
- Get involved with the development of the Lab.
- Be able to use the Lab facilities.
- Be given an office space and internet access.
- Receive an internship certificate after the completion of his/her internship.
- Internship projects can be expanded to a BA and MA/MSc thesis (in the case of students for the Cyprus University of Technology).
- Internships are a great opportunity for prospective PhD students to experience research life at CIL and explore directions for their PhD topic before committing to a PhD. In that respect, CIL internships give an opportunity for developing a PhD proposal.
- The Internship does not cover accommodation, living or traveling expenses.
- This is an unpaid internship.
English or Greek
Eligibility/ Who can apply:
Internships are available to:
- undergraduate and graduate students
- recent graduates
- be able to work at the Cyprus Interaction Lab, 2-3 days a week for the duration of the internship.
- be eager to learn and work hard.
- have organizational skills.
- have excellent computer skills.
- be interested in the Lab’s research and projects.
We accept applications throughout the year. We review the applications periodically.
How to apply:
Applicants need to fill in an application form: https://form.jotform.me/81961924368468
Note: As part of the application form, applicants need to upload a Full CV and write a short proposal (200-300 words long) expressing their interest in working at CIL. This is an important part of the application.