The Cyprus Interaction Lab (CIL) offers 3-5 internships per year in the areas of Human Computer Interaction and Instructional Technology.
The CIL internship program allows undergraduate and graduate students as well as recent graduates to work on projects in the fields of Human Computer Interaction and Educational Technology. CIL interns gain valuable real-world experience by getting involved with ongoing research activities of the Lab. CIL internships last for a period of 2-6 months and are completed under the supervision of a Lab member.
Apart from being an active member in the research activities of the lab, prospective interns at CIL should also actively participate in the organization of CIL events and workshops.
CIL internships are unpaid internships. International applicants are encouraged to apply for external funding (e.g., Erasmus Student Mobility for Placements program that enables higher education students to spend 3 months in an organization in another participating country).
Applicants can apply for part time or full time internships for the duration of 2-6 months during Spring, Summer and Fall.
Benefits – the Intern will:
- Gain hands-on experience with research projects as a member of the research team at CIL.
- Get involved with the development of the Lab.
- Be able to use the Lab facilities.
- Be given an office space with computer and internet access.
- Have access to the University Library.
- Receive an internship certificate after the completion of his/her internship.
- In the case of students for the Cyprus University of Technology, their internship projects can be expanded to a BA or MA/MS thesis.
- Internship projects can be expanded to a BA and MA/MSc thesis.
- Internships are a great opportunity for prospective PhD students to experience research life at CIL and explore directions for their PhD topic before committing to a PhD. In that respect, CIL internships give an opportunity for developing a PhD proposal.
Accommodation is not offered. However, the University has a housing service which can help interns find appropriate accommodation. Please contact us in case you need any help with accommodation.
- The Internship does not cover any living or traveling expenses.
- This is an unpaid internship.
English or Greek
Eligibility/ Who can apply:
Internships are available to:
- undergraduate and graduate students
- recent graduates
- be able to work at the Cyprus Interaction Lab, 2-3 days a week for the duration of the internship.
- be eager to learn and work hard.
- have organizational skills.
- have excellent computer skills.
- be interested in one of the topics listed below (or other relevant topic in the areas of HCI and Educational Technology):
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Inclusive design/Accessibility
- Educational Technology
- Social aspects of computing
- Technology-enhanced learning
- Technology integration in K-20
- Educational Robotics
- Advanced Technologies for Learning
- Computer Games and their social and pedagogical dimensions
- Computer Mediated Communication (CMC)
- Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)
- Computer Supported Collaborative Work (CSCW)
We accept applications throughout the year.
How to apply:
Applicants need to download and fill in an application form.
As part of the application form, applicants need to write a short proposal (200-300 words long) expressing their interest in working with the CIL Lab, on one of the topics listed above.This is an important part of the application.
Along with the application please send a detailed CV.
Applications must be sent via email at email@example.com.