Due to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), CIL will not host any internships for Summer 2020. A small number of virtual internships will be hosted i.e., the intern completes a project in distance with some online supervision meetings. A certificate for a successful internship will be awarded by the Director of the Lab.
The Cyprus Interaction Lab (CIL) offers 3-4 internships per year. We are looking to award 1-2 internships under CIL’s FeSTEM Project (http://festemproject.eu/).
The CIL internship program allows undergraduate and graduate students as well as recent graduates to gain research/work experience by getting involved with ongoing activities of the Lab.
CIL internships last for a period of 2-6 months and are completed under the supervision of a Lab member. FeSTEM Project internships will be supervised by Dr. Antigoni Parmaxi.
CIL internships are unpaid internships.
International applicants are encouraged to apply for external funding (e.g., Erasmus Student Mobility for Placements program that enables higher education students to spend 3 months in an organization in another participating country).
Applicants should apply for part time or full time internships by 12th of June 2020 for either duration:
• Summer (June and July)
• Fall (mid Sept – Mid Dec)
Benefits – the Intern will:
• Gain hands-on experience with research projects as a member of lab.
• Learn to use the lab’s facilities and technologies.
• Have an office space and internet access.
• Receive an internship certificate after the completion of his/her internship.
• Internship projects can be expanded to a BA and MA/MSc thesis (in the case of students for the Cyprus University of Technology).
• Internships are a great opportunity for prospective PhD students to experience research life at CIL and explore directions for their PhD topic before committing to a PhD. In that respect, CIL internships give an opportunity for developing a PhD proposal.
• The Internship does not cover accommodation, living, or traveling expenses.
• This is an unpaid internship.
English or Greek
Eligibility/ Who can apply:
Internships are available to:
• undergraduate and graduate students
• recent graduates
• be eager to learn and work hard. • have organizational skills.
• have excellent computer skills.
• be interested in the Lab’s research and projects.
We accept applications throughout the year. We review the applications periodically.FeSTEM Internship applications should be received by 12th of June 2020.
How to apply:
Applicants need to email Antigoni Parmaxi < antigoni.parmaxi-AT-cyprusinteractionlab.com > with a full CV and a short proposal (200-300 words long) expressing their interest in working at CIL.