Preferred Employment Start Date: Between September 2020 – December 2020
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to support and engage with applied research projects in the aforementioned areas and work under the supervision and guidance of the Team Leader of EdMedia, Dr. Andri Ioannou.
- Bachelor’s degree and postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. User Experience (UX) Design, Interactive Multimedia, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, ICT Education, Educational Technology from an accredited institution (Exceptional candidates holding a BSc may also be considered).
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English.
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Experience with User Experience (UX) Design.
- Computer programming skills or/and knowledge of a game engine (e.g. Unity).
- Skills in 3D modelling.
- Experience with VR technologies.
- Research experience, with human subjects/participants.
- Grant-writing experience.
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience. Membership to RISE Employee Medical Scheme and RISE Provident Fund.
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit the following, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the Email subject line: “Application: Research Associate(s) EdMedia“
- A cover letter which clearly specifies (i) employment availability date, (ii) part-time or/and full-time availability and (iii) rationale on why you think you would be a good fit for this position.
- Description of academic and research or work experiences (500 words maximum)
- A detailed CV
- Copies of degree certificates (BSc/MSc/PhD)
- Contact details of two referees, two University professors or one University professor and one industry referee.
Application Deadline: Sunday, June 14, 2020.
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
The applicants may address any other inquiries to the EdMedia Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.