Expression of Interest for Research Associate Positions
The Cyprus Interaction Lab (CIL – http://www.cyprusinteractionlab.com/) of the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts of the Cyprus University of Technology has secured a number of new projects. Due to this, it is exploring the possibility of hiring Research Associates for full-time or part-time engagement, depending on qualifications.
The positions will be on a contract basis with a salary depending on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise with a salary in the scale of Α6(2) – Α8(1): 14.81 – 17.2 euro/hour for Masters degree holders and Α9(1) – Α10(1): 21.36 – 24.07 euro/hour for PhD holders.
Positions Available to work in projects that require:
- CILRA1.2019: data collection, evaluation and analysis of technologies pertaining to smart cities and/or sustainable urban governance with the wider public
- CILRA2.2019: data collection, evaluation and analysis of technologies for the elderly
Please mention the position you are interested in the subject of your email.
Have a Masters and/or a PhD in a field related to the positions:
- CILRA1.2019: human-computer interaction, smart cities, architecture, urban design, participatory design, interaction design or related fields
- CILRA2.2019: human-computer interaction, computer science, inclusive design, social computing, interaction design, sociology or related fields
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare reports
- Conduct fieldwork research (interviews, survey research, observations, focus groups)
- Prepare data collection instruments, collect and analyze data
- Facilitate the organization of workshops, dissemination activities, and other
- Prepare research proposals, grant applications, and tenders
- Prepare and deliver project presentations
- Execute any other duty and responsibility assigned by the Management Team
For these positions we are looking for the employment of high calibre individuals who demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong writing, communication, and organization skills
- Fluent (verbal and in writing) in Greek and English
- Dynamic personality with strong teamwork skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn and take initiatives
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent team skills
Note that this is not an official opening but rather an invitation for expression of interest. Expressions of interest should be submitted as soon as possible and will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to conduct fundamental or applied research in the areas of interest to CIL. Depending on their qualifications and expertise, successful candidates will be responsible to prepare reports and project deliverables, contribute to the preparation of research proposals, run data collection and analysis studies. Furthermore, successful candidates will be expected to publish their research results in international conferences and journals.
Interested candidates should submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following (in PDF format):
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English
- One page cover letter describing their academic and research experiences