Post-Doctoral Research Fellow or Experienced Researcher
The Cyprus Interaction Lab of the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts at the Cyprus University of Technology is exploring the possibility of hiring a number, of full-time or part-time, post-doctoral research fellows to work on currently funded research projects.
The Cyprus Interaction Lab studies the interaction of people with technology in various fields. The lab aims to:
– Understand, through research, the significant supportive and mediating role of technology in promoting learning, communication, collaboration, and social change, in varied real-world contexts and settings.
– Produce and disseminate Educational Technology and HCI research with real-world impact.
Research at CIL focuses on three thematic areas:
- Embodied Play for Learning using Technology
- Affordable, Digital, Collaborative Spaces
- Emerging Technology, Inclusive Design and Social Change
CIL research aims toward practical frameworks for technology enactment and expected outcomes in the abovementioned thematic areas. Most of our work spans across these areas, while we build on:
- Constructivist and Constructionism pedagogy
- Co-design with educators and stakeholders
- Human-centered design
- Authentic learning environments and real-world settings
CIL instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in research areas of global importance. This lab is the first of its kind in Cyprus and aims to become a center of excellence in these domains.
The positions will be on a contract basis with a salary depending on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise with a salary in the scale of A9-A10 for an hourly rate of 20-24 euro/hour.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to conduct fundamental or applied research in the areas of interest to CIL. Depending on their qualifications and expertise, successful candidates will be responsible to prepare reports and project deliverables, contribute to the preparation of research proposals, run data collection and analysis studies and assist in the supervision of students. Furthermore, successful candidates will be expected to publish their research results in international conferences and journals.
Interested candidates should submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following (in PDF format):
i. A detailed curriculum vitae in English
ii. Short description of their academic and research experiences (2 pages maximum – in English).
Note that this is not an official opening but rather an invitation for expression of interest. Expressions of interest should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than 1st September 2017.