The Cyprus Interaction Lab (CIL) of the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts at the Cyprus University of Technology is exploring the possibility of hiring Project Managers for full-time or part-time engagement, depending on qualifications and availability.
CIL studies the interaction of people with technology in various fields. The lab aims to:
– Understand, through research, the significant supportive and mediating role of technology in promoting learning, communication, collaboration, and social change, in varied real-world contexts and settings.
– Produce and disseminate Educational Technology and HCI research with real-world impact.
Our current projects are related to:
– Embodied Play for Learning using Technology
– Affordable, Digital, Collaborative Spaces
– Emerging Technology, Inclusive Design and Social Change
The positions will be on a contract basis with a salary depending on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise with a salary in the scale of A9-A10 for an hourly rate of 20-24 euro/hour.
Interested individuals please submit your updated CV and a cover letter (in English) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the letter, please indicate whether you are interested in full-time or part-time engagement for the Project Manager Positions .
For these positions we are looking for the employment of high caliber individuals who demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong writing, communication, and organization skills
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Dynamic personality with strong teamwork skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn and take initiatives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent team skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare reports
- Prepare research proposals, grant applications, and tenders
- Conduct fieldwork research (interviews, survey research, observations, focus
- Prepare data collection instruments, collect and analyze data
- Facilitate the organization of workshops, dissemination activities, and other
- Manage projects and offer administrative support for research projects
- Prepare and deliver project presentations
- Execute any other duty and responsibility assigned by the Management Team
- Have a Masters and/or a PhD in any field
- At least 1 year experience with EU projects
- Demonstrate knowledge in:
- Education and learning technologies
- Use of emerging technology for teaching and learning
- PBL in STEM higher education
- A proven track record of successful project implementation
- Knowledge of quantitative data analysis software (e.g. SPSS).
- Have experience in a similar position
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines
Note that this is not an official opening but rather an invitation for expression of interest. Expressions of interest should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than 1st September 2017.