The Cyprus Interaction Lab (http://cyprusinteractionlab.com/) in the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts announces 5 Summer Internships.
- Collaboratiion technology and learning: Ιnteractive surfaces and multitouch tabletops.
- Multimedia Applications: Design and development of educational applications for multitouch interactive tabletops.
- Use of technology for peace and conflict management.
- Problem-based leaning in creative information and communication spaces.
- Robotics in education.
- Use of eye tracking for evaluating/determining cognitive loads in the use of interactive multimedia or computer games
- Web 2.0 and Dyslexia
- Social Dimensions of Computer Games
- Creation of design guidelines for the creation of accessible multimedia content
- Cultural differences in the design of interactive systems
- Combining learning theories to usability practises in the area of interactive multimedia
Your occupation will be on a voluntary basis, for 3 days a week, for the period June 1, 2013 to July 31, 2013 and there will be no payment.
- be in a Masters program or hold a Masters degree.
- have very good knowledge of Greek and English.
- be able to work at the Cyprus Interaction Lab, 3 days a week from June 1, 2013 to July 31, 2013.
- be interested in one of the topics listed above (the research topic will be finalized by the student intern).
- be eager to learn and work hard, have organizational skills, have excellent computer skills.
Benefit for the Intern:
- Hands-on experience with research projects as a member of the research team at the Cyprus Interaction Lab.
- Active involvement in the development of the Cyprus Interaction Lab.
- Participation certificate.
- In the case of MA students in the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts at CUT, their Internship projects can be expanded to an MA thesis.
Applicants must submit:
- Curriculum vitae in Greek and/or English
- Letter of interest (1 page max) in Greek and/or English documenting your interest in the selected topic and research experience (1 page max for every topic selected from the list above).
For further information, the interested applicants can contact Dr. Andri Ioannou at email@example.com Applications must be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st, 2013.